Two-Crusted Streusel Apple Pie
- pastry dough for 2-crusted pie
- apples -peeled & sliced
- lemon juice
- streusel mix
- syrup made with sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg & cream boiled together
NOTE: be careful not to make this too sweet with streusel & syrup. Maybe add good amount of lemon juice to apples before cooking?? and watch sugar amount in streusel.
- Cook apples slightly in syrup (minus the cream)
- Remove apples and place in bottom of pie crust (not too full)
- Boil syrup with cream to reduce & thicken
- Pour cooled syrup over apples and then sprinkle with streusel mix
- Cover with top pie crust and seal. Cut vent holes
- Bake at 350-375 for 40? min., rotating once.