Caribbean Crabmeat Salad
||"Light and refreshing salad. Very exotic blend of flavors."
Original recipe yield: 4 servings.
- 3 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook
for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place pasta, crabmeat, red pepper, mango, cilantro and jalapeno in a
large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil,
honey, cumin, ginger and salt. Pour over salad, toss to coat and let sit in
refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.