adapted from Pioneer Woman Cooks (thepioneerwoman.com/cooking)
- 1/2 packages linguine noodles, cooked, rinsed, and cooled -- cut noodles in thirds
- 1/2 to 1 head sliced Napa cabbage
- 1/2 to 1 head sliced purple cabbage
- 1/2 to 1 bag baby spinach
- romaine lettuce (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin (if available)
- 1 small bag bean sprouts (also called “mung bean sprouts”)
- 3 sliced scallions
- 3 peeled, sliced cucumbers
- chopped cilantro—up to one bunch
- 1 can whole cashews, lightly toasted in skillet
from P.F. Chang's chicken lettuce wraps recipe on Recipezaar.com
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1-2 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste
- Mix sugar and water.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and oil.
- Mix hot mustard and 2 tsp. water until smooth and add to above mixture.
- Add chili and garlic sauce to taste.