P. F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
25 min | 10 min prep
SERVES 2 -3
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup water chestnut
- 2/3 cup mushroom
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4-5 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1-2 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste
Stir Fry Sauce
- Make the special sauce by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and sesame oil.
- Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you're ready to serve.
- Combine the hot water with the hot mustard and set this aside as well.
- Eventually add your desired measurement of mustard and garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture to pour over the wraps.
- Bring oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan.
- Saute chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or done.
- Remove chicken from the pan and cool.
- Keep oil in the pan, keep hot.
- As chicken cools mince water chestnuts and mushrooms to about the size of small peas.
- Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
- When chicken is cool, mince it as the mushrooms and water chestnuts are.
- With the pan still on high heat, add another Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Add chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms to the pan.
- Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and saute the mixture for a couple minutes then serve it in the lettuce"cups".
- Top with"Special Sauce".